Whilst working across a portfolio of growing creative businesses we are always expanding our own knowledge and drawing on the insights and wisdom of others. In this way we build a pool of resources for leaders of creative business.
On this site we have shared a small selection of useful resources that our clients have found useful on their journeys, from start up to grown up.
In working with our clients we create a partnership where insights and learning flow both ways. Often, our clients share with us insights from books they are reading.
A selection of our current clients’ reading follows:
- Simon Gravatt and Jane Morgan, Forever Young. Immortalising the Entrepreneurial instinct.
- Bruce J. Avolio and Fred Luthans, The High Impact Leader: Moments Matter in Accelerating Authentic Leadership Development McGraw-Hill
- Marvin Snider, Compatibility Breeds Success: How to Manage Your Relationship with Your Business Partner. Greenwood Press.
- Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence. Bloomsbury
- Peter Wilson, The Essential Guide to Small Business Growth. Wiley
- Eric G Flamholtz Growing pains, Jossey-Bass
- Peter Senge, Presence: Exploring Profound Change in People, Organizations and Society. Nicholas Brealey
- Paul Arden, It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You want to be. Phaidon.
- Andy law, Creative Company. The story of St. Luke’s. Adweek.
- John Adair, The Inspirational Leader, Kogan page
- Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves, The Emotional Intelligence Quick Book, Fireside
- Ian Brooks, Organisational Behaviour: Individuals, Groups and Organisation. Prentice Hall
- Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle. Orion Books
- Ken Blanchard and Jesse Stoner, Full Steam Ahead – unleash the power of vision in your company and your life. Berrett-Koehler Inc.
- Julia Cameron, The Artists Way.Pan Books
- John Ward. Perpetuating the Family Business. Palgrave Macmillan
- Dena Mitchelli Assertiveness in a week. Chartered Management Institute.
A small selection of books from our own shelves which you may also find useful in exploring the world of personality type, professional and organisational system development and coaching.
- Isabel Briggs Myers, Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type, Davies-Black Publishing
- Jean M Kummerow, Work Types: Understanding Your Work Personality, Warner Books
- Dario Nardi 8 Keys to self-leadership. Unite Business Press
- Rupert Merson, Owners. BDO Stoy Hayward
- Daniel Goleman The New Leaders, . Sphere
- Gilles Amado and Richard Elsner, Leaders in Transition, Karnac Books
- Patrick Lencioni, Overcoming The Five Dysfuncyions of a Team, Josey-Bass
- Michael Maccoby, Narcissistic Leaders – who succeeds and who fails. Harvard Business School Press
- Klaus P Horn & Regine Brick, Invisible Dynamics – Systemic Constellations in Organisations. Carl-Auer
- Jan Jacob Stam, Fields of Connection, Carl-Auer
- Halina Brunning, Executive Coaching, a Systems-Psychodynamic Perspective. Karnac Books
- Mary Beth O’Neill, Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with their Challenges. Jossey-Bass
- Roswita Königswieser, & Martin Hillebrand. Systemic Consultancy in Organisations. Carl-Auer
- Barry Oshry. Seeing Systems. Published by Berrett-Koehler
- Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries, Family Business on The Couch, Wiley